NEXTGEN is a company focused on delivering enterprise class products across multiple ‘best of breed’ vendors. NEXTGEN offers a friendly, fast paced and dynamic environment with a strong team focus.
- Location – North Sydney
- Full-time role
- IT Distribution
- Fast growing company
- Close to public transport.
Reporting to the Finance & Operations Manager, your responsibilities would include:
- Supervising the accounts payable function.
- Management of bank and financing facilities and bank account reconciliations.
- Responsibility for balance sheet integrity and month end processing.
- Preparation of month end reports, including general ledger reconciliations.
- Monthly preparation of the BAS return for submission to ATO.
- Preparation of monthly payroll and associated taxes.
- Assist the finance team as required.
- Undertake other tasks as required to support NEXTGEN’s ‘We Can Do Attitude’ to assist in NEXTGEN’s success and operate in accordance with NEXTGEN’s OHS and Conduct requirements.
THE TYPE OF CANDIDATE WE WANT TO SPEAK TO:
We are ideally targeting a high energy graduate who has completed their tertiary accounting qualifications and has at least 2-3 years experience in a financial environment. Candidates should be CA or CPA qualified.
You will be flexible and eager to learn, be able to demonstrate initiative and drive, and grow with NEXTGEN. Strong technical accounting and systems skills, including advanced Excel, would be highly regarded, as would experience in sales or distribution environments.
ADDITIONAL SKILLS OR EXPERIENCE:
- Attention to detail.
- Highly organised with excellent time management skills and the ability to prioritize workload.
- Wanting to work in a fast paced and constantly changing environment.
- Able to have a flexible and can do attitude.
- Permanent Australian Residency – this is a Sydney based role.
This is a great opportunity for a motivated junior team player to develop professionally in a fast growth company with numerous avenues for enrichment and learning.
HOW TO APPLY
Please email PDFs of your cover letter and CV to email@example.com
Please note: we can only accept applications from people with the right to work full-time in Australia.
James Cunial, Oracle Practice Lead
When NEXTGEN won the Oracle Excellence Award for Specialised Partner of the Year – Global in VAD Cloud at Oracle OpenWorld in October, James Cunial was credited with playing a key role. According to his colleagues, it was his “patience, clarity and logic”, along with some serious expertise around Oracle, its products and solutions, that contributed to expanding NEXTGEN’s Oracle cloud revenues by 140 percent in FY17.
A down-to-earth guy who started out in technical sales support, before moving to presales and then his current role, James has been nominated several times by NEXTGEN for an ARN Award for Technical Excellence for his contribution.
John Pritchard Business Manager, Microfocus & HPE
This is a tale of two tempting career paths pointing in different directions. One was smooth and well signposted; the other clouded in mist. John Pritchard had amassed an impressive CV with skills and experience backed by achievements in sales, alliance/channel partner business development, management consulting, project management, and product delivery.
Fate then handed him two offers at the same time – one with a large US vendor; the other with NEXTGEN. Suddenly he was faced with an intriguing career decision and a tough call to decide which fork in the road to follow.
James Walters Business Manager, Data Management & Infrastructure portfolio
James Walters believes in the ability for technology to translate to achieving real business outcomes. He’s committed to the success of the channel community and embraces the opportunity to foster growth. And he wants to use NEXTGEN as a platform to attract new talent into the IT industry for the long term. But the industry almost lost him to the United States...
James Walters journey in the IT industry began at Kaz Computing with Peter Kazacos. He worked through various marketing and financial roles in Kazakos’ companies, including as an investment analyst for Kaz Capital, an early stage venture capital fund that invested in startup IT companies. This wasn’t his ideal career path, and opened the door to NEXTGEN.